tooth x-ray

Dental Malpractice Attorney Negligent Endodontic Treatment

Negligent endodontics, the second most common case of dental malpractice in the United States, causes serious injuries that result in severe pain, facial deformation, or even death. If you or your loved one have sustained injuries because of dental malpractice, an attorney can help you file a Dental Malpractice Attorney Negligent Endodontic Treatments   and fight for your legal rights.

Endodontics or root canal treatment, is a dental specialty used to treat diseased soft tissue, called the pulp, inside a tooth. During endodontic treatments, an x-ray is used to determine the affected tooth and root canal irrigation is performed to extract it and prevent the spread of infection.

Endodontic negligence falls under different categories. These include insufficient or excess filling, misdiagnosis, and incorrect use of instruments. Patients can suffer from a number of complications after undergoing negligent root canals, such as life-threatening infections, perforations, nerve damage, and air embolisms.

Before filing a personal injury case due to a botched root canal procedure, it’s important to determine if you have a viable claim that proves your injuries were caused by negligence. See if you can secure your dental records and the results of the procedure from your dentist. You can also ask the opinion of other professionals to verify if your dentist performed below the standard of care.

Seeking the services of an experienced dental malpractice lawyer can also help you with your case. Because of his expertise in dealing with dental negligence cases, he can carefully assess your situation and the documents you presented to see if you can pursue a case for personal injury.

Dental Malpractice Attorney Negligent Endodontic Treatments

It is very important to file the lawsuit as soon as you discover the injury because of the limited time requirement for filing a dental malpractice case. To learn more about filing a case against endodontic negligence, call (516) 614-6516.